Friday, April 1, 2011

"Be the Man!" Week 4

Hanging drywall is a two-man job. It’s not just the weight of it. It’s just so clumsy, bulky, and cantankerous!  Too many operations need to happen with just two hands.  So when Steve offered to help me, not only with his strength, but with his expertise, I jumped at the opportunity. Some helper!  He made it look easy. He knew how to prepare, how to lift, how to make the joints fit, and how to get-‘er-done. I was instantly aware that trying to do this without his help was foolish and ridiculous. What little I had accomplished on my own had been excruciatingly difficult and poorly done. I needed help. I needed wisdom. I needed strength. I needed encouragement. What a metaphor for the great Helper Jesus promised to send us. What are you trying to do on your own? Do you know there is a helper available?







No comments: